So – we won! Against formidable competition – the “SuperTankers of the Telecom World” – we picked up the “Best New Service” award at the InfoVision Awards last night. And man, are we delighted! 🙂
An initial reaction – three things:
- We were honoured to have been nominated, and now are over the moon to have won. We really appreciate the fact that an industry panel judged us worthy. It means a lot to us, our customers and partners.
- The crew at Dial2Do have had a hectic year. We launched “for real” at CES in January. We quickly signed partners. We added features, billing, territories, languages. And more. So this award is (cliché alert) very much an acknowledgement of the team effort: massive Pats-on-Backs to all – “top job!”
- For anyone here at our Blog for the first time because you saw us at the awards and on the BBWF material, or heard about us on the innernet – welcome! We’re proud of the service – go to http://www.dial2do.com right now and try it out – for free – and let us know what you think! Follow us on twitter here or drop us a line.
The official release is here. The Eiffel Tower even put its sparkly dress on to congratulate us.
Posted in Announcements, Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, Conferences, Dial2Do, Prizes, Services
Tagged Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, conference, Dial2Do, Events, InfoVision Awards, LinkedIn
Oui – c’est vrai! Dial2Do was nominated for a prestigious InfoVision Award at the BroadBand World Forum Conference that kicked off today in beautiful Paris. Well – tonight is awards ceremony night and Dial2Do will be at the event and hoping for the best. Of course, we’re already thrilled to be nominated in the Best New Service category – especially considering the other nominees in that category. And of course, since our nomination, we also announced the launch of Plantronics Savor M1100 with Vocalyst.
The awards take place on a boat – no less! Apparently hors d’oeuvres and a tipple (and much much more by the sounds of it) will be served while we hear the names of the lucky winners announced. A dirty job, but someone’s got to do it 🙂
Anyway – win or lose – the conference looks set to be a great event, and we’ll update here with any interesting news that catches our eye. We’re on not one, but two panels about developers, APIs and ecosystem on Thursday at the show, with Alan Quayle, and will be on the conference floor and at the sessions for the duration. For an example of Alan’s continued excellent work to motivate the telecom Industry – see this recent post from his blog.
Anyway – we’re here all week (longer – depending on the planned industrial action) so do drop a line if you fancy meeting up. Meanwhile: À tout à l’heure !
Posted in Announcements, Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, Conferences, Developer, Events, Mobile 2.0, Prizes, Services
Tagged Awards, BBWF, BroadBandWorldForum, conference, Dial2Do, Events, Infovision, InfoVision Awards, LinkedIn, Prizes
Dial2Do’s HandsFreeAssistant was shortlisted yesterday for an InfoVision Award at the Broadband World Forum Conference to be held in Paris in October this year. We’re in the “Best New Service” category , and it would be fair to say that we’re thrilled skinny. Mind you, the competition is a little intimidating – the shortlist includes us and one or two Telco Brands you may have heard of:
Dial2Do – HandsFreeAssistant
Ericsson Inc. – Dynamic Open Access Solution
Huawei – Launching the Convergent Conferencing Service
Motorola – TD-LTE Shanghai
Saudi Telecom Company – Broadband Jood Plus
So yes – we have our work cut out to win the prize! 🙂
Our first time at the Broadband World Forum conference was last year, when we took part in a panel moderated by Alan Quayle. Depsite the “Broadband” word in the title – it’s actually a broad conference covering key topics in wireless, mobile and broadband, and includes many of he key movers and shakers worldwide. Keynotes are from the CEOs or CTOs of the world’s top operators and vendors, so it’s great for “taking a temperture” for where things are at in the industry.
Alan works with Operators and other Telecom vendors around the world, and has long been both advocate of how operators can change to take advantage of their strengths in the changing Telecom landscape, and thorn in their side when he explains where he thinks they’re going wrong. A nice example is his recent piece on Developer Communities in his blog, in which he helps categorise the different Operator Developer and Content Communities.
Alan is moderating several sessions at the World Forum Conference – one on Service Delivery Platform (SDP) Evolution and one on Developer Communities. We’ll be taking part in the panel discussion for the latter session, which will have presentations from Orange, Verizon and KPN about their development community initiatives, as well as some opening comments and stewardship from Alan himself. It’s always interesting to get together with the operators and talk frankly about what works and what doesn’t – and I’d expect this session to be no exception 🙂
You can get a feel for our Point of View from our presentation at ICIN 2009:
Great conference, and we’re delighted to be nominated in illustrious company. Hope to see you there!
Posted in Announcements, Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, Conferences, Dial2Do, Events, Prizes
Tagged Awards, BroadbanWorldForum, conference, Dial2Do, Events, LinkedIn, panel, PeerAwards, Prizes, Speaking, Telco2, VoiceServices
The Dial2Do Team are out in force at CES this week. Our shiny new stand is in place in the Distracted Driving Zone, and we have people to meet and announcements to announce!
First announcement out of the blocks was our partnership with one of the world’s premium Bluetooth Headset manufacturers: BlueTrek. Known for being something of an innovator in the headset space, BlueTrek and Dial2Do have teamed up to launch a new headset called the Concerto, which will come bundled with the Hands-free Assistant service from Dial2Do. This means consumers can now email and text, hands-free, right out of the box.
And speaking of box – here’s how it looks “in situ”:
We’re delighted to be working with BlueTrek, and are very excited about the potential for the HandsFree Assistant service to address a real need for busy drivers everywhere.
Full details on the announcement here.
Posted in Announcements, CES, Dial2Do, distracted driving, distracteddriving, Events, Features, Hands-free, handsfree, Law, Partners, Products, Services
Tagged CES, conference, Dial2Do, distracteddriving, Hands-free, hands-free assistant, handsfree, launch, LinkedIn, partnership, voice platform
By now you might have noticed that there’s been a few things happening this week at Dial2Do. We have spruced up our website, added new content and a shiny new video to explain how it works, and switched on our paid service. We also quietly made some improvements to the way Dial2Do works for you when you phone it.
And finally, we gave a Christmas Gift to all our Beta users who have helped get us to this point – one year’s free subscription to the new Dial2Do Pro service! We are extremely grateful for all the comments, feedback and suggestions from our Beta users over the last twelve months – so we’re keen to keep you all with us! Please keep up the feedback and critical comments – it helps us make a better service for everyone.
Here’s a quick summary of what we’ve been doing:
- New Site, content and naming: Now with added colour and cars! 🙂 We’ll be promoting the service as the Handsfree Assistant for drivers in 2010 and beyond. There’s a new area to help you learn more about Dial2Do before you try it. Complete with shiny new video!
- Payments: Dial2Do now has a free service and a Pro Service. When you sign up for the free service, you get one month of the Pro service to let you get a feel for what it can do for you. At the end of the month, if you’re not convinced, you can stay with the free service, which lets you manage your reminders (one of our most popular services). The Pro service costs either $3.99 a month, or $39.99 for the year, and lets you use everything Dial2Do has to offer. Full details on the Free and Pro services here.
- Conversational commands. You can now speak a little more naturally if you like when talking to Dial2Do. For example, to send a text, you used to do this:
Dial2Do: “Text. Ok. Text who?”
You: “Aunt Marge”
Dial2Do: “OK. Ready to text Aunt Marge….”
Now you can just do this:
You: “Text Aunt Marge”
Dial2Do” “OK, ready to text Aunt Marge….”
Full details of the new style and some of the options here.
Finally – we’ll be at CES show in January in Las Vegas, Baby! We’ll be exhibiting in the Distracted Driving Zone. So – if you want to meet or chat to the Dial2Do Team at the event, please drop a line.
Posted in Announcements, Conferences, Dial2Do, distracted driving, distracteddriving, Events, Features, Hands-free, handsfree, Products, Services, Telco2, VoiceService
Tagged CES, ChristmasPressies, conference, Dial2Do, distracteddriving, Features, Hands-free, handsfree, LinkedIn, Payments, release, Services, VoiceServices
We’re ignoring our Irish Bank Holiday next week and instead we’re giving a tutorial on Web Technologies for Telecom at the ICIN 09 conference in France. We’re in exalted company, both for our tutorial and the event in general. Our tutorial has:
- Frédéric Sciscione, Broadsoft : Web2.0 technical elements and how they apply to Telecom
- Roberto Minerva, Telecom Italia : Web2.0 services in operation and web2.0 delivery mechanisms
- Me : Web Service Provider perspective on web2.0
- Rebecca Copeland, Huawei : our MC for the day and will also do the wrap-up
If you fancy a discussion about web-meets-telecom, or want to learn how we’ve launched Dial2Do in the US market to help drivers stay safe and handsfree-connected to their favourite web tools and services, then drop a line. The rest of the conference has a veritable who’s-who from the Telecom industry present.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Posted in Conferences, Dial2Do, Events, Hands-free, handsfree, ims, IMS RCS, Services, VoiceService
Tagged conference, Dial2Do, distract, distracteddriving, Events, Hands-free, handsfree, icin, icin09, LinkedIn, Telco2, Voice2, voice2.0