TheNextWeb just published a handy list of top ten add-ons to make the “insanely useful” Evernote Service even more useful. And Voice2Note (powered by Dial2Do) is first one in the list:
Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Full article here, and Voice2Note details here.
Posted in Announcements, Dial2Do, Partners, Services, TheNextWeb, Voice2Note
Tagged Dial2Do, Evernote, LifeHacks, LinkedIn, TheNextWeb, Voice2Note, VoiceNotes
As we mentioned before – the sun sets on Jott’s consumer service on May 3rd. Dial2Do has stepped forward with an offer for any Jott Users who would like to switch to Dial2Do.
- 3 months of Dial2Do Basic FREE : This lets you capture reminders for yourself quickly and easily
- Upgrade to Pro during the 3 months and get your 1st year’s subscription to Dial2Do Pro for just $35 – SAVE $24.99!
See here for all the details and to register.
We were surprised by the news this week that Jott was to close its service, effective from May 3rd. Dial2Do and Jott are often mentioned alongside each other as being “in the same space” (as the analysts like to say :-)), although both companies really focused on slightly different things. Jott concentrated on speech as a core UI for productivity tasks, while Dial2Do has focused on the Handsfree experience: making it as easy as possible to get what you want to get done, handsfree.
We’ve tracked Jott’s progress from startup through to acquisition two years ago by the “Big Gorilla” of the Speech Universe : Nuance. It looks like the plan is to focus their energies on their carrier channel, and end the consumer facing Jott.com service.
So what’s a Jott user to do? Or should I say, 2DO ?? 🙂
Well – Dial2Do makes a great replacement for Jott. If you haven’t had a chance to try it out – you can head straight to Dial2Do and get started for free! Many Jott folks were especially keen on reminders – which is included in the DialDo Basic plan for just $25 a year.
Jottsters might also choose to use Dial2Do bundled by one of our partners:
- Voice2Note: if you’re one of the 5M+ Evernote Users – you can have your Evernote Voice Notes converted to text by Voice2Note
- Jabra: You can get the Dial2Do Handsfree Assistant with any of the Jabra headsets from the Jabra App Store
- JawBone : Add the Dial2Do Handsfree Assistant to your Jawbone Headset in the Jawbone MyTalk zone.
- Plantronics: Buy a Plantronics headset and get Vocalyst free (powered by Dial2Do)! Reminders, email and much much more!
- SuperTooth: Have just announced the SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant (powered by Dial2Do) – about to hit the stores soon – details here.
- DriveNTalk: Offers Dial2Do Handfree Assistant bundled with their Car Kits
And of course – you can always go straight to Dial2Do and try the Handsfree Assistant. It works on any phone, it’s live in lots of countries worldwide, and it’s free to get started! Plus, our apps are available free on Blackberry and Android today. Try it now.
Posted in Announcements, Deals, Dial2Do, Hands-free, handsfree, Headset, partnering, Partners, Products, Services, Vocalyst
Tagged Dial2Do, Headsets, jabra, jawbone, Jott, LinkedIn, Nuance, partnering, Plantronics, Vocalyst
Collecting the award for Best New Service….
And all the happy winners….
Looks like someone missed a memo re: dress code 🙂
Press Pack for the Awards here.
So – we won! Against formidable competition – the “SuperTankers of the Telecom World” – we picked up the “Best New Service” award at the InfoVision Awards last night. And man, are we delighted! 🙂
An initial reaction – three things:
- We were honoured to have been nominated, and now are over the moon to have won. We really appreciate the fact that an industry panel judged us worthy. It means a lot to us, our customers and partners.
- The crew at Dial2Do have had a hectic year. We launched “for real” at CES in January. We quickly signed partners. We added features, billing, territories, languages. And more. So this award is (cliché alert) very much an acknowledgement of the team effort: massive Pats-on-Backs to all – “top job!”
- For anyone here at our Blog for the first time because you saw us at the awards and on the BBWF material, or heard about us on the innernet – welcome! We’re proud of the service – go to http://www.dial2do.com right now and try it out – for free – and let us know what you think! Follow us on twitter here or drop us a line.
The official release is here. The Eiffel Tower even put its sparkly dress on to congratulate us.
Posted in Announcements, Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, Conferences, Dial2Do, Prizes, Services
Tagged Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, conference, Dial2Do, Events, InfoVision Awards, LinkedIn
Oui – c’est vrai! Dial2Do was nominated for a prestigious InfoVision Award at the BroadBand World Forum Conference that kicked off today in beautiful Paris. Well – tonight is awards ceremony night and Dial2Do will be at the event and hoping for the best. Of course, we’re already thrilled to be nominated in the Best New Service category – especially considering the other nominees in that category. And of course, since our nomination, we also announced the launch of Plantronics Savor M1100 with Vocalyst.
The awards take place on a boat – no less! Apparently hors d’oeuvres and a tipple (and much much more by the sounds of it) will be served while we hear the names of the lucky winners announced. A dirty job, but someone’s got to do it 🙂
Anyway – win or lose – the conference looks set to be a great event, and we’ll update here with any interesting news that catches our eye. We’re on not one, but two panels about developers, APIs and ecosystem on Thursday at the show, with Alan Quayle, and will be on the conference floor and at the sessions for the duration. For an example of Alan’s continued excellent work to motivate the telecom Industry – see this recent post from his blog.
Anyway – we’re here all week (longer – depending on the planned industrial action) so do drop a line if you fancy meeting up. Meanwhile: À tout à l’heure !
Posted in Announcements, Awards, BroadBandWorldForum, Conferences, Developer, Events, Mobile 2.0, Prizes, Services
Tagged Awards, BBWF, BroadBandWorldForum, conference, Dial2Do, Events, Infovision, InfoVision Awards, LinkedIn, Prizes