TheNextWeb just published a handy list of top ten add-ons to make the “insanely useful” Evernote Service even more useful. And Voice2Note (powered by Dial2Do) is first one in the list:
Couldn’t have said it better ourselves. Full article here, and Voice2Note details here.
Posted in Announcements, Dial2Do, Partners, Services, TheNextWeb, Voice2Note
Tagged Dial2Do, Evernote, LifeHacks, LinkedIn, TheNextWeb, Voice2Note, VoiceNotes
As we mentioned before – the sun sets on Jott’s consumer service on May 3rd. Dial2Do has stepped forward with an offer for any Jott Users who would like to switch to Dial2Do.
- 3 months of Dial2Do Basic FREE : This lets you capture reminders for yourself quickly and easily
- Upgrade to Pro during the 3 months and get your 1st year’s subscription to Dial2Do Pro for just $35 – SAVE $24.99!
See here for all the details and to register.
We were surprised by the news this week that Jott was to close its service, effective from May 3rd. Dial2Do and Jott are often mentioned alongside each other as being “in the same space” (as the analysts like to say :-)), although both companies really focused on slightly different things. Jott concentrated on speech as a core UI for productivity tasks, while Dial2Do has focused on the Handsfree experience: making it as easy as possible to get what you want to get done, handsfree.
We’ve tracked Jott’s progress from startup through to acquisition two years ago by the “Big Gorilla” of the Speech Universe : Nuance. It looks like the plan is to focus their energies on their carrier channel, and end the consumer facing Jott.com service.
So what’s a Jott user to do? Or should I say, 2DO ?? 🙂
Well – Dial2Do makes a great replacement for Jott. If you haven’t had a chance to try it out – you can head straight to Dial2Do and get started for free! Many Jott folks were especially keen on reminders – which is included in the DialDo Basic plan for just $25 a year.
Jottsters might also choose to use Dial2Do bundled by one of our partners:
- Voice2Note: if you’re one of the 5M+ Evernote Users – you can have your Evernote Voice Notes converted to text by Voice2Note
- Jabra: You can get the Dial2Do Handsfree Assistant with any of the Jabra headsets from the Jabra App Store
- JawBone : Add the Dial2Do Handsfree Assistant to your Jawbone Headset in the Jawbone MyTalk zone.
- Plantronics: Buy a Plantronics headset and get Vocalyst free (powered by Dial2Do)! Reminders, email and much much more!
- SuperTooth: Have just announced the SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant (powered by Dial2Do) – about to hit the stores soon – details here.
- DriveNTalk: Offers Dial2Do Handfree Assistant bundled with their Car Kits
And of course – you can always go straight to Dial2Do and try the Handsfree Assistant. It works on any phone, it’s live in lots of countries worldwide, and it’s free to get started! Plus, our apps are available free on Blackberry and Android today. Try it now.
Posted in Announcements, Deals, Dial2Do, Hands-free, handsfree, Headset, partnering, Partners, Products, Services, Vocalyst
Tagged Dial2Do, Headsets, jabra, jawbone, Jott, LinkedIn, Nuance, partnering, Plantronics, Vocalyst